Friday, February 7, 2014

(Good) Shit Happens (Too)



Laptops and other things are replaceable. Sentimental things are semi-replaceable; while I may not have my dad's swiss army knife anymore I can get the same exact model and it will still serve as a reminder, sentimentality can be transferred, somewhat. I can't really replace the old moleskines but at least I have the one I started this past summer. I just have to keep on writing and hope for a continous flow of good material.

So that was all crap and what not but like the title says, good shit happens too. So let me get to that good shit. The next day I spent over 5 hours with a local from couchsurfing. Vegetarian restaurant for lunch, lots of walking and sightseeing and of course a cup of coffee. It was a really fun time and we got along so well. Couchsurfing really is amazing, even just for meeting cool locals or other travelers. I get home around 7 and check all my internet crap, try and figure out what else needs to be done... I got an email from my mother about how my dad was part of a union when he was working in some hospitals and how the union contacted her telling her she was entitled to his life policy payout, which she would split between me and my sister. The timing of this was beyond coincidental. 10 years later and he's still giving me stuff. The next thing was about my bubbe (grandmother). A while ago she was calling her parkinsons meds poison. Since then my uncle has lowered her dose and today its at half dose and she is having no problems. This does not happen, you dont get better from Parkinsons. Third thing. Later that night I was hungry and started cooking dinner, I play some music off my phone and the first song to come on, out of about 3000 songs, Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Too many coincidences. On the plus side, tomorrow I get to pick up the rest of my film from Prague to Paris. Yay not losing +100 pictures!!!!! Is karma a thing? Maybe the universe is sentient? Ideas anyone? Oh, I also got an emergency passport today so the most important thing (debateable) is taken care of.


PS This wrong place wrong time thing happened because I overslept and missed the first train in the morning and the next one wasn't until much later. So don't oversleep? Moral of the story?

No comments: