Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just Meh

November is pretty much over, the heart of winter is coming soon. I really hope it snows a lot this year. If it does I'm going to central park in a penguin costume as soon as I can buy one. Also, I found a really good food blog site, Smitten Kitchen. I tried the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, the cookies came out amazing and for some of the batter I added chocolate chips instead of raisins and it still came out great. Only downside was the oatmeal I had, it was very finely cut and not the real good coarse oatmeal flakes, so it didn't look like a real oatmeal cookie but it came out soft and chewy just like it should. Little story: I was in the city with a friend on Saturday eating pizza on the street and a religious Jew with a black hat and Tallit on walking by says good Shabbos. I say shabbat shalom back and he stops and turns. He walks over and says ahh, you're jewish, would you like to come to the kiddush, we're having a cholent luncheon. I tell him no thanks but he keeps on insisting and after a few more no's he leaves. I wish there was more to the story but there really isn't.

1 comment:

Lenah Rose said...

lol!
the cookie looks very cute.
good job