Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love the subway


I was on the E train very around 7 am on a Saturday and it was fairly crowded. All the seats were taken. The resident hobo was walking up and down the car and he smelled disgusting. I had a stuffy nose and could still smell him. Unfortunately I was in the middle of the car and he kept walking by me and stopping right in front of me. I was scared he was going to start talking at me so I avoided eye contact. After a couple minutes of pacing he went on to the next car. Two seconds later a woman stood up from her seat as something started to come out of her mouth. Then she hunched over and finished vomiting. She tried to catch it with her slave but to no avail. The vomit to floor impact echoed throughout the train. Everybody looked as she walked to stand by the door and hide her face. She was standing next to a friend of her's that was sitting down and her friend was yelling in Spanish. A couple of times her friend got up, scared she would get thrown up on. Some people were trying to discretely cover their noses some just buried them in the arms of the people next to them. At some point a man offered her a pack of tissues and after two more stops she just sat back down again. Many people got off but the puddle remained.
NOTE: the picture is not the actual train where it happened

No comments: